Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Changelog and branches

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Changelog and branches
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:44:48 -0500

[pardon for the snippage]

Samium Gromoff wrote:
> As somebody who gets to parse tla`s output i wholeheartedly support your
> resistance to uglification of supposedly machine-parsable data.

I believe the discussion was about shortening the automatically-
generated intended-for-human-consumption changelogs, not the patchlogs
arch needs to make use of. Those automated tools should probably be
using the patchlogs. I'm surprised noone corrected this misunderstanding
earlier -- if it were about changing the patchlog format, I'd probably
agree with you.

Jason