Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Changelog and branches

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Changelog and branches
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:49:43 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Jason McCarty <address@hidden>

    > Samium Gromoff wrote:
    > > As somebody who gets to parse tla`s output i wholeheartedly support your
    > > resistance to uglification of supposedly machine-parsable data.

    > I believe the discussion was about shortening the automatically-
    > generated intended-for-human-consumption changelogs, not the patchlogs
    > arch needs to make use of.

Changelogs are designed for both human consumption and machine
parsing.  For example, you can turn a changelog into a "hypertext"
document.

That said, I have no objections to considering patches in the 1.2
series to:

        a) provide more formatting options for the output of
           `changelog'

        b) provide mechanisms for persistently setting such options
           for auto-generated changelogs