Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [configure] test for diff/diff3

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [configure] test for diff/diff3
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:00:33 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Christian von Kietzell" <address@hidden>

    > >I'm having problems with patch-286 on MacOS X (10.3.1). The configure
test
    > >finds that my diff/diff3 have troubles handling EOL but they have been
    > >working perfectly since the beginning with tla so I'm a bit worried about
    > >the test.

    > I'm having the same problem on Debian/unstable.

I'd appreciate some digging in to figure out what's up with these
systems.

In my environment, the config test behaves correctly under a variety
of conditions.

Are you guys _certain_ that the diffs-that-fail-the-test are of a
variety that _do_ add the "no newline" annotation to their output?

If so, are these recent GNU diffs or older ones?  What versions?