Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [configure] test for diff/diff3

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [configure] test for diff/diff3
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:54:08 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Ollivier Robert <address@hidden>

    > I think the test is failing because both test files have no newline at the
    > end. If you read the changelog above, it is supposed to print the warning
only
    > either file misses the newline.

    > With the following, the test is not failing on FreeBSD. It works with a
    > pristine GNU diff 2.7 too. Interesting.

I'm running a later GNU diff that works as I expect it should (modulo
the localization bug in the current tla release candidate).

Also the (not quoted) change message that you cited -- that appears to
be a bsd-specific change (it would be a change that is one reason
you need to separately install a recent GNU diffutils and use the
--with-gnu-diff and --with-gnu-diff3 configure options).

(But as I write this, we're also discussing on #arch so we'll see for
certain soon, hopefully.....)