Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-1.1 build failure solaris

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-1.1 build failure solaris
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:52:17 +0000

On Dec 18 2003, Neal wrote:
> > csh strikes again. Try this:
> >
> > ../configure --config-shell=`which ksh` ..
> >
> > Stig
>
> --config-shell doesn't seem to be an option, but I tried --with
> posix-shell=/usr/bin/bash.  This didn't help.  Same error.

Look again. It's there. --with-posix-shell decides which shell the
application should use (this is leftover since the larch days; it could
probably be removed now, as it is not used, AFAIK). On the other hand,
--config-shell specifies the shell used in the configure and build
process (i.e. the shell the makefiles invoke).

> Also, I'm not using csh.
> echo $SHELL
> /bin/bash

I bet /bin/sh is csh though. I don't think Make cares about what the
user's shell is.

Stig

--
brautaset.org