Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revision lock problems

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revision lock problems
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:58:12 +1100

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 09:36, Partap wrote:
> I screwed up my mirrored archive somehow...

You need to cleanup several things:
1) any revision libraries that refer to the mirror (for this version).
2a) any project trees anywhere that refer to the mirror (for this
version).
2b) any pristines for said project trees.
3) the mirror itself.

Delete any pristines that refer to the incorrectly committed revision.
tla undo <safe-revision number> any project trees that where gotten
against the mirror.
delete the bad revision out of any revision libraries.
Fix the mirror's version up -
  if there is a broken commit, there should have been a directory
beginning with ++ in the version dir in the mirror archive. tla
lock-revision -b <revision> is the recommended way to clean this up -
but it sounds like you've fiddled already... so. delete the lock
directory and recreate the ++revision-lock directory in the highest
patch number's dir. It also needs a +contents dir under that.
  Now, to move the commit to the local archive, you need to:
- copy the revision directory to your local archive.
- fixup the local revision lock.

What version of tla are you using? 1.2 and 1.1 have code to prevent such
mistakes occuring IIRC.

Rob