Re: [Gnu-arch-users] undo for single files?

From: Partap
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] undo for single files?
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:43:59 -0600

Tom Lord wrote:

   > From: James Blackwell <address@hidden>

   > > With cvs, I just delete it and run cvs update, obviously thats not
   > > possible with tla.

   > tla file-diffs filename | patch -R

Isn't thike the umpteenth time this question has been asked and
answered in just a few months?   Maybe we need `tla
revert-single-file'.  (Of course, it should just print a command line
and tell you to use that :-)

Would it be feasible to just add a '-f file' option to undo? Hmmm, actually, the most difficult and frustrating thing about tla (to me) is the amount of commands it has...well, that and the fact that there's no clear command-naming scheme...it makes it seem like somebody's personal toolbox of useful functions, kinda like (I have to say it) *elisp* ;-)

You may already know what I'm talking about, but for example here are *some* of the commands that work with archives.

my-default-archive
register-archive
whereis-archive
archives
make-archive
archive-setup
archive-mirror
archive-meta-info
archive-snapshot
archive-version
archive-fixup
abrowse

I'm not familiar with them all, but couldn't they be options to a single "archive" command? I'm sure there are more commands that manipulate archives as well, but are not immediately obvious (to me) because they don't have 'archive' in the name...

I suppose it's too late to change the underlying command structure...

An updated tutorial might be a nice start though ;-)