Re: [Gnu-arch-users] undo for single files?

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] undo for single files?
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:23:37 +1100

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 08:06:18AM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:
> Isn't thike the umpteenth time this question has been asked and
> answered in just a few months?   Maybe we need `tla
> revert-single-file'.  (Of course, it should just print a command line
> and tell you to use that :-)

When I last encountered this problem, I attempted to copy the orginal
file from the revision library.

Unfortunately, I typed "mv" instead of "cp" and ended up with a broken
archive. Even worse, but tla didn't detect the revision library as
broken, and later tests showed that a commit would treat the file as a
new file when it wasn't a new file. However that is another unrelated
issue for another thread.

I think something is needed here to simplify removing changes from a
single file, because if it is too complicated it increases the chances
of making a mistake.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>