[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Help please (filetypes)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Help please (filetypes)
Date: 04 Jan 2004 09:23:28 +0900

Charles Duffy <address@hidden> writes:
> All of the Pascal sources I've run into use .pas; I suspect that the set
> of Pastal programs using .p (if it indeed used at all) is smaller than
> the set of Prolog programs using .p (if, as Miles suggests, such is
> "more popularly" done there).

The reason I ask is that I remember people using .p for pascal programs
(using berkely `pc' to compile them) in college; .pas seems more like
something windows/dos (or DEC :-) based programmers would use.

I suppose the problem is that people really use it for both purposes,
and the number of unix pascal and prolog programmers are both so low
that it's rather hard to come up with a solid consensus.

A quick google search does seem to favor pascal though; the following
is typical:

http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/fileextensionsp.asp

   .p      Pascal source code file
           Rea-C-Time application parameter file (ReaGeniX code generator)
           Picture file (APPLAUSE)

-Miles
--
((lambda (x) (list x x)) (lambda (x) (list x x)))