[Gnu-arch-users] refactored my branches

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] refactored my branches
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:11:30 +0100

In case anyone is interested because you picked up my previous mail (a
while ago), I have refactored my branches:

address@hidden/tla--smallfixes--1.2 contains:

patch-1: (commit) autodelete unchanged log
  if commit created a log, but the user didn't change it, commit aborts.
  This patch makes commit delete the (empty) log, so that a future commit
  doesn't use the empty log.
patch-2: (changes) rename temporary directory
  The temporary directory was still called ,,what-changed... even though the
  command now is "changes" and no longer "what-changed". Change the directory
  name to reflect this.
  Scripts/third-party apps shouldn't be relying on the name, they should
  supply an own name via --output anyway, so this shouldn't break anything.
patch-3(*): factor out shell command code from pfs-signatures
  The code now resides in a new file called shell-command.{c,h}
patch-4(*): use shell to execute $EDITOR
  tla will now use the shell to execute $EDITOR, appending only the (quoted)
  log file name to it, in order to support flags inside the $EDITOR variable,
  for example
    export EDITOR="joe -nobackups"
patch-5: (changes) include change symbols in help
  This change adds explanations of the various change symbols that can appear
  when showing changes. Also suggests --verbose now.
patch-6: small fix for arch_run_hook output
  a call to panic was saying invoke_tar_extract instead of arch_run_hook.

address@hidden/tla--smallfeatures--1.2 contains:

patch-1(*): apply log template patch with small modifications
  This is essentially the old change, with the modification of not using
  the panic function if the template is invalid.

  Old log entry:

  This patch implements a log template in
  ~/.arch-params/=log-template.

  The log template is required to have a Summary header. It is used with
   - tla make-log and
   - tla commit (without message or summary parameters)
  For automatically created logs it isn't used because the extra stuff
  wouldn't be filled in anyway.
patch-2: apply: shell command factored out
patch-3: environment vars in shell command, use for signature verification
  This patch adds environment variable support to arch_exec_shell_command,
  which works just like in arch_run_hook.
  We then use this functionality to export a variable $ARCH_ARCHIVE to the
  signature verification function, where it can be used for archive-dependent
  keyrings.

  Note: if you want this together with
    address@hidden/tla--smallfixes--1.2--patch-4,
  then you need to fix editor.c:
  -      arch_exec_shell_command (complete_command);
  +      arch_exec_shell_command (complete_command, 0);

The changes marked (*) are different from the changes that are in my
"jmb" branch, I think they are cleaner, some newer changes were not
present in my old tree.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/