[Gnu-arch-users] trouble in archville (new archive)

From: Kristian G. Kvilekval
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] trouble in archville (new archive)
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:34:37 -0800

Short version:

Does anybody have a script that will move your projects
from and old archive to a new archive
(for example archive-2003 -> archive--2004)
so that I can continue to use star merge between branched
projects?

Long version:

I have a reasonably simply setup.  I would like
to track the cvs archive of a project
and have a branch of that archive to my own projects.
To that end, I have setup an revision called
zinf--cvstrunk--0 and track this with tla-cvs-sync
which works pretty well.

I have another arch branch called zinf--mdb--0.1
branched from zinf--cvstrunk--0

Originally I had an archive named
  address@hidden
I would like to update my archive name to
  address@hidden

I created the archive, changed the tree version
in the working directories, created a tag for
of the older versions:

$tla make-archive address@hidden ~/.ARCHIVES/2004
$tla archive-setup zinf--cvstrunk--0

$cd zinf--cvstrunk
$tla my-default-archive address@hidden
$tla set-tree-version address@hidden/zinf--cvstrunk--0
$tla tag address@hidden/zinf--cvstrunk--0 zinf--cvstrunk--0

And similarly for zinf--mdb

However, now when I try to star merge back and forth
i.e. from zinf--mdb

tla star-merge zinf--cvstrunk--0

it gives

$tla star-merge zinf--cvstrunk--0
star-merge: unable to merge unrelated trees.

Thanks

--
email:address@hidden office:(805)893-4276 http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kris