Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Making archives and rbrowse self-documenting

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Making archives and rbrowse self-documenting
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 03:02:13 -0500

> $ tla archives --verbose
> Andrew Suffield's Debian-related packages
>     address@hidden
>     http://people.debian.org/~asuffield/archives/gluck-2004/

Scott:
I love this idea.

I have a lot of registered archives, and I can never quite remember
which archives hold what.

Miles:
-s isn't doable as both rbrowse and abrowse use -s to print patch logs.
Before you suggest --desc, thats taken too.  If you really don't like
verbose, how about "-p, --purpose" ?

Charles:
As a guy that has lots of archives registered, I can say that I would
definitely use this capability. For example, I can never remember who
has cscvs archives, which archive has linux kernels in it, etc. With
archive descriptions, I can easily find the stuff that people are
"advertising".

--
James Blackwell      Using I.T. to bring more             570-407-0488
Owner, Inframix      business to your business     http://inframix.com