Re: [Gnu-arch-users] marking merges in --summary output

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] marking merges in --summary output
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:59:14 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>

    >   What is the difference between ``revisions'' and ``logs?''  They yield
    > the same results for me (although I get a different format with -Dsc).
    > ``logs'' has --merges which will show you merge points.

`logs' is telling you about the patch logs in a specific project tree.

`revisions' is telling you about the patch logs in an arch version
within an archive.

As an example of the difference, suppose that tla--small-features--1.2
has 100 patches and I've cherry-picked 10 of them into tla--devo--1.2.

`logs', run in a tla--devo--1.2 tree and asked to report about
nsmall-features, will show those 10 patches.

`revisions', asked to report about tla--small-features--1.2 and run
anywhere, will show all 100.