Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirror stats page updated & the wiki

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirror stats page updated & the wiki
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:18:26 +0100

> They should represent signed archives.  I make this check by seeing if
> =meta-info/signing-info exists, which it seems to in your 2004 archive.

That should be =meta-info/signed-archive, not? But it doesn't exist in
his archive.

> However, I see that your checksum files aren't signed?
>
> Is this supposed to even be possible?

Of course. As Tom explained a while ago, checksum files will _always_ be
present (with recent versions of tla), while they are only signed if you
have a signed archive. The checksum files are still checked to guard
against transmission/media failures.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/