[Gnu-arch-users] accessing mirrors

From: Brian May
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] accessing mirrors
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:42:27 +1100

Hello,

I have encountered a problem with tla, while probably my fault, still
it disturbs me that arch let me do it...

Anyway, I wanted to mirror my archive, address@hidden,
on my laptop so I can access anything from the archive without
requiring a revision library for every project in the library.

I followed the instructions, and ended up with
address@hidden  (refers to the non-local SOURCE)
address@hidden (refers to the local mirror)

This worked fine, but then I realized (not unexpectedly) that
I can't commit changes to projects checked out from the mirror
archive. So I used the -SOURCE archive instead.

I thought this was OK, but not I get the impression that I was
wrong, because I can no longer checkout that archive, even
as address@hidden (non-mirror), as tla cannot add
the project to the revision library:

[580] [scrooge:bam] ~/tree >tla get --library
address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1 OpenTetriBAMs
Enter passphrase for key '/home/bam/.ssh/id_dsa':
* ensuring library has address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-11
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-10 to
library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-9 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-8 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-7 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-6 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-5 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-4 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-3 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-2 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--patch-1 to library
* recursively adding address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--base-0 to library
* from import revision: address@hidden/opentetribams--devo--0.1--base-0
unable to open file
"/home/bam/revision/address@hidden/opentetribams/opentetribams--devo/opentetribams--devo--0.1/,,new-revision.1073942715.27201.42/{arch}/opentetribams/opentetribams--devo/opentetribams--devo--0.1/address@hidden/patch-log/base-0"
 (No such file or directory)
PANIC: I/O error

The problem seems to be that the directory is actually:
opentetribams--devo--0.1--base-0/{arch}/opentetribams/opentetribams--devo/opentetribams--devo--0.1/address@hidden/patch-log/base-0

(note: I didn't quote: NO CHECKSUMS FOUND FOR REVISION, as I don't
think that is important here).

Alternative, perhaps the problem here was that this was a new project, ie.
I used import instead of commit.

Is there anyway I can restore my project?

Is there any way of getting read/write access in addition to mirrored
access on the one computer?
--
Brian May <address@hidden>