Re: [Gnu-arch-users] accessing mirrors

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] accessing mirrors
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:01:03 +0100

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:41:47AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> In case, that doesn't make sense, my main repository is on my desktop
> computer, and I want to mirror it on to my laptop.
>
> Having the main archive on the laptop, and then mirroring it to my
> desktop is in interesting idea I hadn't considered, but I don't want
> to be prevented committing files on my desktop when my laptop is
> off-line.

I am not sure I understand your use case fully, but I'd like to share my
experience anyway.

What I do (that is not limited to arch) is synching my laptop and
desktop home dirs using unison (a rsync based tool). Since my local
archives (as well as my local mirrors) are stored in my home, I just use
the same archive on the laptop.

The only constraint is making sure that I do not make conflicting
changes on the machines, e.g. I do not commit on the same version on the
laptop and desktop w/o synching.

Important pitfall: configure unison _not to synch revlibs_

--
                                                            -- ddaa