[Gnu-arch-users] Conflicts when the main branch takes your changes

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Conflicts when the main branch takes your changes
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:27:24 -0500

Tom just took some of my changes, which is good.  But now I'm trying to re-sync
with his tree, and getting conflicts related to the changes.

In patch-15, I star merged w/ Tom's patch-54, then fixed the resulting
conflicts.  Later, around patch-18, I star-merged again, and got the same
conflicts as before.

(All of these star-merges were three-way-- the default was unusable)

So how do I get back into a state where I can star-merge conveniently?  Must I
create a new branch and apply the difference between my and Tom's latest to it?

TIA,

Aaron