Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge weirdness

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge weirdness
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:21:06 +0100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:00:08PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Whats the purpose of a simple
>       tla star-merge

I never actually used it, but I can imagine two uses for it:

  1. star-merge degrades to update when the argument is absent;

  2. may be meaningful is some complex (as in "multiple tla commands
     involved") operations involving set-tree-version.

It alls boils down to the fact it does something when the working
directory revision (the last line of "tla logs") is not the latest
revision (the last line of "tla revisions `tla tree-version`").

--
                                                            -- ddaa