Re: [Gnu-arch-users] A script to look up archive locations (using a mirr

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] A script to look up archive locations (using a mirror like sourcecontrol.net)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:19:17 +0100

> Inspired by a recent discussion on IRC, I prepared a script that can
> connect to a mirror collection (so far, only sourcecontrol.net) and
> look up the original location of an archive, if possible.

Ok, correction, just to avoid confusion:

s/mirror collection/archive registry/

As long as extracting the name of the archive and its location is
scriptable, my script can be adapted to it, I believe. At the moment, I
parse sourcecontrol.net/stats/archivestats.html for Name: and Home:
headers, and return the latter.

A similar function to mirror_sourcecontrol() should be easy to write,
for example, to parse the old gnuarch wiki's archive registry.