Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: PATCH: tla on cygwin (works!)

From: lode . leroy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: PATCH: tla on cygwin (works!)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:58:36 +0100 (CET)

> On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 02:23, address@hidden wrote:
>> anyway, is there any interest in getting this into a stable,
>> dependable shape, as a solution for arch on cygwin?
>> If not, I won't bother finishing this... If everyone prefers
>> Unix Services for Windows, or waiting for cygwin to support
>> long paths, then so be it...
>
> Since WSU doesn't run on Home editions of Windows, it's my view that
> there's substantial value in having Cygwin support, today.
>
> That said -- does this interoperate nicely with the non-path-mangled
> version of Arch?

Well, I hope it does, that was the intention.
only files under {arch} and {archives} and in temporary tla directories
(like ,,get, ,,import, ...) are mangled.

I've tried to make my patch so that only what is written to the
local disk is mangled. The TAR file contains the unmangled filenames, and
the diff's in there do too. The diff and patch program take unmangled
input and produce unmangled output, except for accessing the filesystem.

So in theory, you should be able to work on public {arch} repositories.
Also, If you download a TAR file (like the sources for tla) AND YOU USE
"/usr/share/tla/libexec/tar" to extract it, you should be able to update
it from the public {arch} repository.

The modifications to "tla" are minimal:
1 added call to vu_push_namespace_handler
1 replaced call to pathcompress_getcwd instead of getcwd

And I feel that getcwd() should be corrected as to go through
the vu_ system.

Now it's:
safe_current_working_directory (void) {
   return getcwd()
}

instead it should be
safe_current_working_directory (void) {
   wd = vu_getcwd()
}

vu_getcwd() {
   wd = getcwd()
   if (wd is in a namespace) {
       wd = (namespace_handler->getcwd)(wd)
   }
   return wd
}

but that should be taken up with hackerlab hackers....

-- lode

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be