Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [Pika-dev] Funding Drive

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [Pika-dev] Funding Drive
Date: 29 Jan 2004 18:08:06 -0500

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 18:02, Tom Lord wrote:

> I suspect that the feedback you were getting really meant something
> _less_ like "I like self-contained systems" and something _more_ like
> "Please get out of my office without making a fuss.  I honestly don't
> care about this stuff."

"self-contained" is in the eye of the beholder, too.  One of the thing I
*liked* about Arch vs Subversion was that it would work over plain HTTP.

But if I was installing Arch under Windows, I'd want to be able to run 1
wizard, and have it all installed.  It wouldn't matter to me whether the
wizard installed Cygwin.

Reminds me of Debian.  Hmm, apt4win32... *ow*!

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology