Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ping: Alexander Deruwe

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ping: Alexander Deruwe
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:43:42 +0100

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 13:33, Alexander Deruwe wrote:
> I didn't actually see this mail until now, but I believe I accidentally
> answered your question a couple of days ago. :)

Yes :-)
I thought you had missed it or something and reacted to my mailing list
email.

> I was rewriting Perspective to operate on archives in my 2004 archive
> (http://www.deruwe.be/aderuwe/arch/{2004}), and you can see how far I've
> gotten here: http://aderuwe.homelinux.org:8080/p/
> Maybe I will continue that effort, but:
>
> Right now I'm pausing to experiment with preprocessing archives into a
> relational database and seeing where that gets me.  Maybe another
> rewrite soon.  It's almost getting ridiculous. :)

Aha! Interesting :-)
I just today implemented sorting category->version->branch in my branch
of perspective, maybe you could support that in the newer version as
well (or I'll add it, its quite important to me)

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/
Key-ID: 9AB78CA5 Johannes Martin Berg <address@hidden>