[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla 1.2 redux

From: Samuel A. Falvo II
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla 1.2 redux
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:48:50 -0800

On Friday 30 January 2004 09:15 am, address@hidden wrote:
> > This really stinks.  I rather need this basic functionality to work.
> >  If I can't get it to work within a reasonable (read, at most an
> > hour) amount of time, I'll have to drop back to 1.1pre8 and assume
> > 1.2 isn't ready for public use yet.
>
> If you're on such a stringent time frame, perhaps purchasing a 24/7
> support contract from Tom Lord is in order?

The time frame comes from my level of patience with dealing with such
matters.  There is no commercial interest in my project.  I decided to
upgrade from 1.1pre8 to 1.2, and suddenly "it broke."  Since I still
have 1.1pre8, it was a trivial matter to revert back to 1.1pre8.

Well, I put "it broke" in quotes because I misread the tutorial on how to
add files to the inventory.

Besides, even if I were using Arch commercially, as a one-man shop with a
monsterous customer-base of, say, one or two clients, I *really* don't
think a 24/7 support contract is very cost effective.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II