Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: conflict applying patch in arch_build_revisi

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: conflict applying patch in arch_build_revision
Date: 02 Feb 2004 16:02:42 -0500

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 14:19, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
> hi,
>
> I just installed tla-1.2pre2, and when trying to get an archive created
> with 1.2pre0 I am getting (apart from a lot of warnings about lacking
> checksums) the error:
>
> PANIC: conflict applying patch in arch_build_revision
>
> How do I proceed from here?
>
> thanks,
> Jacob

No conflict should ever occur when applying patches in
arch_build_revision, because each patch immediately follows the
previous.

Two possibilities come to mind
1. Some kind of user error
2. Corrupt archive

It would be helpful to know
- which archive in particular, especially if this archive is public or
can be made public.
- Does this happen with the 1.1 stable release?
- At what point in applying the patches does this happen?
- Are you invoking the command somewhere other than the tree root?  Does
it happen if you invoke it in the tree root?

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology