Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: conflict applying patch in arch_build_revisi

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: conflict applying patch in arch_build_revision
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:21:11 -0500

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 00:44, Aaron Bentley wrote:
Okay, try this:
tla get address@hidden/xen--migration--1.2--base-0 base
tla get-changeset address@hidden/xen--migration--1.2--patch-1 patch
tla apply-changeset patch base

That should at least show you where the conflicts lie.

I get this output from
$ tla apply-changeset patch base
A {arch}/xen/xen--migration/xen--migration--1.2/address@hidden/patch-log/patch-1 A {arch}/xen/xen--unstable/xen--unstable--1.2/address@hidden/patch-log/patch-2
CA  xenolinux-sparse
C {arch}/xen/xen--unstable/xen--unstable--1.2/address@hidden/patch-log/base-0 C {arch}/xen/xen--unstable/xen--unstable--1.2/address@hidden/patch-log/patch-1

So I suppose this conflict is the problem, though I have no idea how I
managed to create that.
Me neither. For some reason, it's monkeying with the patchlogs from unstable, even though it's already descended from it. (Patchlogs may be added or removed, but should never changed.) The only times I've seen this sort of phenomenon were when I tried to change history (e.g. deleting revisions/versions/branches/categories).

You can probably recover your code if you're careful, but the archive doesn't look sane from here.

Aaron