[Gnu-arch-users] Solved Build Problem on OS X

From: Paul Cory
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Solved Build Problem on OS X
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:31:52 -0500

checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int),
77

I just tried 1.1 on my 10.3.2 machine, and it configured fine.

Perhaps, look in tla/libneon/config.log, and search for 'size of int'
and see if there is anything informative after that.

Well, there was no config.log in tla/libneon/ to check. However, through a long chain of association, I remembered I have multiple versions of gcc on this machine, and thought to check which one was being used:

gcc -v

Lo and behold, OS X had gotten confused and set 2.95.2 as my system default. I used:

sudo gcc_select 3.3

to reset the default to gcc 3.3, and viola! tla compiled without a problem.

Paul