Re: [Gnu-arch-users] add-id

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] add-id
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:35:59 +0100

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 22:35, Tom Lord wrote:
> Possibly such a check is desirable but the principled reason it wasn't
> written that way in the first place is: why add arbitrary
> restrictions?  Perhaps I'm doing the `add' and `init-tree' steps in
> "the other order" -- should tla really prohibit that?

Good point. I think a warning for the `newbie' user [1] would be nice
though, like just saying:
  add-id: adding ID to file that is not in a tree

> Those checks are more obviously desirable.

It leads to sort of trouble, but I guess no-one would actually have a
feeling they should do that.

> Although you can `rm -rf
> /bin', too.

:)

johannes

[1] Or just a user that isn't always 100% awake...
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/
Key-ID: 9AB78CA5 Johannes Martin Berg <address@hidden>