Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Why we might use subversion instead of arch.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Why we might use subversion instead of arch.
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:27:47 -0500

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 06:52:19PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> See cacherev. You're not supposed to build up a long series of
> revisions without scattering some cached revisions along the way.

Note that cacherevs are not so nice if your source tree is very big, because
tla's current approach is to always prefer the cacherev if present, which
can be quite absurd if you've got a two-revs-earlier version in your revlib,
and are using a dialup!

Someone was working on making tla's algorithm more optimal but I'm not sure
what the state fo that is.

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)