Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Why we might use subversion instead of arch.

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Why we might use subversion instead of arch.
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:19:57 -0700

From: "Pierce T. Wetter III" <address@hidden>

   So we're still in the "CVS sucks, but does it suck
enough to be worth
switching" state.

   Hence the "might use subversion" above. We might just
stick with CVS
until tla 1.4 :-)

Don't switch, then.  Stick to CVS.  From my perspective: Subversion
will increase your costs far more than it reduces them.

I'll repeat myself here:

I really wanted to like subversion.  But after awhile, I couldn't
help but conclude that it was a slower, incomplete, oft-broken
CVS with multiple unstable dependencies.

Yeah, CVS is pretty good in a lot of ways, and since I'm not really sure I like the branching/merging in SVN, that leaves changesets and better directory handling as the only SVN features over CVS, but there are some disadvantages in turn.

 Pierce