Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to acquire revision lock

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to acquire revision lock
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:11:54 -0800 (PST)

    > From: John F Meinel Jr <address@hidden>

    > I was trying to do a commit to my archive, when I realized I hadn't
    > properly filled out the commit log. So I ^C when it prompted me for my
    > signing password. Which I had to do twice, and it complained a little bit.
    > However, now I am trying to redo the checkin, and I am getting:

    > arch_commit: unable to acquire revision lock (internal error in
    > archive-pfs.c(pfs_lock_revision))
    >     tree: /cygdrive/c/dev/vida/tmp/opengl-test--dev--0.1--patch-1
    >     revision: address@hidden/opengl-test--dev--0.1--patch-2

    > Is there a way that I can tell why it is failing to acquire the lock?
    > Is there a good way to unlock it?

This is kind of a FAQ.

You can break the lock using the lock-revision command (c.f. 'tla
lock-revisions -H').

(Briefly, what has happened is that your commit started to take place
and then was aborted, leaving the archive in an intermediate state.
Breaking the lock will remove that partial commit and let you retry.)