Re: [Gnu-arch-users] how do I protect against this user error

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] how do I protect against this user error
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:30:36 -0500

--- Original Message ---
From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>
To: Robert Anderson <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] how do I protect against this user
error

>On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 16:47, Robert Anderson wrote:
>>
>> Something I do all the time and then get irritated fixing it, is
>> update or replay into a tree that has local changes that I don't
>> want mixed in with the applied patches.
>
>Do you really mean update?  Because updating seems pretty
benign--  you
>get the remote changes, they get applied, and the next time you
run "tla
>changes", the local stuff is all that shows up.  Star-merge is a
>different story...

I mean both.  Conflicts are the main problem with update.

>Anyhow, "tla changes" returns success if there are no changes, and
>failure if there are changes.  So scripting it should be easy.

I'd prefer to use tla update, and not rely on having to use
something else.  If I forget to run tla changes, I'm just as
likely to forget to use tla-update, or whatever.

Or is there some way to "hook" tla update with a script?

Bob