Re: [Gnu-arch-users] how do I protect against this user error

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] how do I protect against this user error
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:13:37 -0500

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:42:15AM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> [no, I'm not plugging aba.  Because aba doesn't support arbitrary names
> for tla.]

Well, it actually can (sort of), with a little help.

I do that -- my tla script checks if aba exists on that machine[1], and
if it does, it exports 'IN_ABA=1' and runs aba.  Then, if it's run again
with IN_ABA=1, it executes the real tla.

I also just created a ~/.aba/commands/replay, with the following in the
cmd_exec area:

        tla changes --quiet
        if [ $? -gt 0 ]; then
                echo "* Please reverse your modifications " \
                        "before running replay."
                exit 1
        fi

        tla replay "$@"

Works great.  And when I haven't made any changes, there's no output
except the regular replay output.

I don't know if I'll use it, but I thought I'd plug aba on your behalf.
Thanks.

    [1] Said script also fetches the current patchlevel of the installed
        aba when running tla --version, to ensure that my custom
        bash-complete loader only regenerates its completion database
        when either aba or tla changes version.