[Gnu-arch-users] libtla

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] libtla
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:38:42 -0700

I strongly agree.

I'd add a perhaps more subtle point: Tom says that 3rd-parties can
address this, which is true - and they do.

But there is something to be said for a canonical interface. Canonical,
"blessed" interfaces are attractive for a number of reasons, not least
that they are more likely to receive attention during development and
are less likely to become broken through neglect.

Indeed. If I am not mistaken, one of the long-term goals of the Arch
and Pika projects is to create something name itla, which would make
it easy to write high-level, interactive interfaces to tla.

 One of the things the svn guys did that was smart was to factor all the
code between "libsvn" and "svn", so that gui or high level tools could leverage off of that.

 That's been moderately successful.

 Pierce