Re: [Gnu-arch-users] libtla

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] libtla
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:22:29 -0800 (PST)

I'm glad Jeremy replied to your original message because I seem to
have accidentally deleted it while catching up with mail.

    >> My branched archive is at
    >> <URL:http://www.microcomaustralia.com.au/arch/tla-2004/>, and is
    >> address@hidden/tla--libarch--1.2

I haven't looked at it yet.   If you want to declare that you've hit a
milestone and that I should look at it as a merge request I will.

    >> Even though I have started this, I don't guarantee I will have
    >> time to finish, but hopefully my efforts may provoke others...

For a large task like this, that's the expected course -- and that's
part of why I broke the plan down into a sequence of "correctness
preserving transformations".

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step," the saying
goes.  In this context, that means that you can help a lot by just
really crushing each step along the way and then getting me to merge
it.

I think it's a good bet that the plan starts to unfold other people
will jump in to help.

So: is your work on step 2a ready for merging?  Have you used `nm' and
some shell tools to verify that the call-graph layering worked out
correctly?

It would be helpful if you could list which files and functions you've
put into libarch-utils.