Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Moving a sourceforge project to arch

From: Michael McCracken
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Moving a sourceforge project to arch
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:15:38 -0800

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I was talking about people sending me tarballs, as well as people saying "I would contribute, but I don't want to learn CVS". I can't say I like it, but I'd like to accommodate them. So they don't want to use cvs diff, but they might be happy with a script like 'send_changes' or something. Essentially, I have non-programmers wanting to try their hand at hacking on my code, and I want to make it easy, but I don't want to have to swim through tarballs. That said, Charles' suggestion should be useful.

It sounds like the choice for my project would be to write a script for getting the source and another for sending changes, then I can migrate those scripts to arch without contributors needing to relearn stuff. I imagine I can probably use #1 from Brian and if people want to add or rename files, they can learn more about tla.

Actually, #2 sounds better, but I didn't understand what was bad about being binary.

Also, thanks Miles for the info about tla-cvs-sync. I will look into that, it sounds great.

-mike