Re: [Gnu-arch-users] grokking arch

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] grokking arch
Date: 24 Mar 2004 19:28:53 -0600

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:

> Comments appreciated!

I like it -- it's given me some ideas for things to include in the
talk I'll (hopefully) be giving on arch to my LUG Friday.

I liked how it started out: describing CVS briefly, highlighting its
downfalls, ways to correct them, and finally how arch utilizes those.
However, I personally thought after that a few parts later on
(changeset directories, etc.) went into aspects of arch that I didn't
particularly find useful (but maybe that's just me).

Another comment, on slide 11, you give an example of an arch-tag line
using an UUID.  If there was more room (which I get the impression
there's not, but *shrug*) I might have also added an example along the
lines used inside tla.  (Maybe also put them in different styles of
comments: C code, sh scripts, etc.)

Good job.

-jivera