Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [REJECT: address@hidden (default naming convention

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [REJECT: address@hidden (default naming convention changes)
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:24:43 -0400

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 02:34:31PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
>     > Then, shouldn't they belong to "precious" instead of "unrecognized" ?
>
> No.   "Precious" implies that the files should be _copied_ whenever we
> make a copy of "the good stuff" from a tree.   Those files are
> definately not (by default) in that category.

FWIW, I usually put them in `backup', for trees that I want to be able to
build in the source directory.  [Now that I look I notice that I forgot to
take them out of `unrecognized' too, but I guess backup takes priority...]

[Sometimes I think `backup' doesn't get the respect it deserves, as names
like `precious' or `unrecognized' seem so much more inviting... :-| ]

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]