Re: [Gnu-arch-users] DAG of branches a la linux kernel

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] DAG of branches a la linux kernel
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:42:09 +0200

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 18:11, Linux Boy wrote:
> I didn't find a way to branch the whole thing. This is really annoying,
> since I have to branch each subprojects .. And then build a new config.
> Is this the way to go ?

Make a branch-all script, you need:

1) the output of tla inventory --trees --nested
2) tla parse-package-name to strip out the branch name and create one
for each

Shouldn't be too hard, but I haven't tried. Then you can write a new
config based on that (automatically) and commit. Maybe config-manager
can do this? If not, its a feature request ;)

johannes