[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-update-ids lacks support for filenames with spa

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-update-ids lacks support for filenames with spaces
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 21:03:21 -0400

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 05:24:35PM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
> Per subject. Right now tla-update-ids doesn't add tags for filenames
> with spaces, but rather adds a tag for a (nonexistant) file with the
> post-escaping name.
>
> Perhaps the simplest course of action would be to pass --unescaped when
> using a version of tla which supports long file names (and thus, this
> option)?

I must admit, I'm confused about how all this escaping stuff is supposed to
work -- I _thought_ that the escaped forms were supposed to be an
internal-only thing, restricted to being used in various tla files and
rel-tables etc.

Is this not the case?  I remember that the original escaping patch was pretty
screwed up in this area, but I assumed that had been fixed.

Are you saying that one must use --unescaped or else output will be escaped?
[In other words tla uses _different_ conventions for input and output?]

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge