[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 09:58:35 +0300

> So you're just talking about configuring the system-wide default for
> what {arch} is called in project trees?

Yes thinking that that's the same as user default, because I did not think at
all about shared systems. I was concerned more about 'the man and his laptop'
scenario not corporate LAN and system policies and all that.

> You'd still have whatever overhead is required to check the users's
> default -- after all some people might want to use "{arch}" on a system
> where the default had been set to ".arch".

Well with my proposed change some users would be happier others would have the
same situation as today.

Jani