[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: 31 May 2004 22:19:52 -0400

> My growing feeling about this is that if any apps or wrappers do, they
> are buggy.  You want to find the tree root?  Use "tla tree-root".  Want

Actually, some systems such as Emacs's VC package likes to be able to find
out the revision-control status of a file without running any program (so
it also works if `tla' is not available).

Arch is really bad already in this regard since you can pretty easily
figure out the current branch, but you generally can't tell whether a given
file is source/nonsource without running tla (unless you reimplement this
part of tla which is nontrivial).

        Stefan