Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla one liners

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla one liners
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 17:30:33 +1000

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 14:41, Paul Pelzl wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 09:54:52AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > I find tlacheck particularly useful, since I usually forget to run
> > tree-lint before a commit,
>
> You might prefer to make an alias for "tla commit --strict" to prevent
> commit on tree-lint errors.  (Why isn't --strict the default?)

Thank you very much. That's very useful.
I was wondering just that myself today.

Also, I just discovered, you can't properly combine more than one
command into an alias, since the output of the first command(s)
will not be included in the pipe to less (very common obviously,
eg. for tla changes --diffs).

So, I've put tlacheck back into a script:

Sorry for any confusion.

cheers
zen