Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: s/GMT/UTC/

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: s/GMT/UTC/
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:50:30 +0200

Adrian Irving-Beer <address@hidden> writes:

> Dates are just rough ideas of when changes were implemented. Two years
> later, I can look back and say 'that project lasted from September
> 2003 to April 2004'; leap seconds aren't exactly my top priority at
> that point.

Absolutely!

Note that with Arch, since there is no server, the date is set by the
client. If two commiters have their computers clock not exactly
synchronized, it is absolutely possible that patch-(n+1) has a
timestamp smaller than the one of patch-(n).

So, date can't even be reliably used to order changesets, whatever
system is used.

--
Matthieu