[Gnu-arch-users] Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:34:19 -0400

Today, I accepted a patch that breaks out libarch_version_string from
every cmd-*.c file and places it into version.[ch].

This got me to thinking that its probably about time to break the commands
out of the libarch directory. We're fudging up our abstaction about whats
what. As such, I'd like to make a tla-commands directory, and move
the commands into there.

Though doing this is congruent with heading off in the general direction
of eventually librifying arch, the intent is not to rush headlong into "we
should librify arch".  Rather, the intent is to clean up the filesystem
slightly and to reinforce the abstraction about what belongs in libarch/
and what belongs in tla-commands/

Any opinions?