Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libar

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:50:49 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    > On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 04:58:01PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
    > > Of course, Emacs is (by very, very far) best.  And that's sad (sorry
    > > Miles, RMS, et al.).

    > Despite the time I devote to emacs, I agree with you.  Emacs has grand and
    > noble goals, but the execution is definitely a mere shadow of what it
could
    > be.  However, it's the `least worst' editor out there so far, and I've
seen
    > so many other attempts fall by the wayside that I'm not holding my
breath...

Moreover.... viewed from a global perspective, it's completely
winning, by a lot, compared to everything else.

Sometimes I wonder if RMS + the mule team aren't the most important
thing to happen over the past 10 years in computing.....

Clear utility is worth more than esoteric beauty, in the short term,