Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Preliminary Arch Cache available

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Preliminary Arch Cache available
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:53:56 -0400

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Should we grab all available cacherevs?  Should we ensure the version
> has one cacherev?  What if the version has an ancestor in the cache with
>   a cacherev?  Does it matter whether that ancestor's in the same
> archive, since the cache spans multiple archives?

I think that anything you have should be consistant with what's there.
Just make it a straight copy if the revision is needed.

If you worry about building cached revisions yourself, you have to start
worrying about crossing versions and possibly even crossing archives,
which starts leading to questions with no right answers. For example,
what about version C/D dependant upon verison A/B, but A/B no longer
exists. If you copy across the cacherev, you're good to go. But if you
try and build the cacherev yourself, you may not be able to do it.