Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Preliminary Arch Cache available

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Preliminary Arch Cache available
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:35:14 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > Tom Lord wrote:
    > > Your description sounds nice, but it lacks any help at all for someone
    > > wanting to review your new APIs, proposed new internal programming
    > > conventions, and impact on per-user state.

    > Okay, I'll write up a spec.

Thank you.   It's also ok (in the not critical but maybe worth noting
sense of "fine with Tom") to reply with "not yet --- the merge request
is a ways off and I just want to ask people to (knowing it might
change) give me some feedback on using this "preliminary" hack (i
think that was the word you used).

I did like very much that your message said, in essense, "try this,
please, it's cool -- but be prepared for upward-incompatible revisions
that cause you to trash your cache state."