[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Merge tools that support .rej .orig rejects/conflic

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Merge tools that support .rej .orig rejects/conflicts
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:55:24 +0900

BTW, after reading this thread, I tried out wiggle on some patch
rejects, and while it seemed to do a good job of wiggling, it also in
one case did something very bizarre that looks like a bug.

So it doesn't seem to be as solid as say `patch', which is slightly
worrying in such a critical application.

I now make sure to always use it to make a new diff file and verify what
it did first...

Oh, also it stomps on file permissions if you use the -replace option.

-Miles
--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train