Re: [Gnu-arch-users] .listing files

From: Harald Meland
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] .listing files
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:16:54 +0200

[James Blackwell]

> I'm trying to keep the help message as short as possible. I don't think
> we want the user to have to read a long paragraph everything he types
> "tla make-archive --help"

Um, no; the "--help" output should be short.

However, when I use the "-H" option (as opposed to "--help"), it is
usually because I _do_ want some further explanation of what the
various options/arguments of the command are supposed to mean.

For the "-H" output, I'd give "informativity" priority over "brevity".
--
Harald