Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Whitespace cleanups

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Whitespace cleanups
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 06:16:08 -0400

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 12:42:59AM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
> Under more normal circumstances, I think that most everyone agrees to
> avoid this sort of thing. But in this case, I'd like to do it. The leading
> tabs have gotten to be a bit out of control.

Geez, who cares?  Why is doing this worth even _one_ conflict for somebody?

[There was a `grand whitespace cleanup' in the emacs tree, for no really good
reason except that one of the developers was a bit of a whiny pedant, and it
was a huge annoyance; some of the repercussions didn't show for like a year:
then we tried to merge a big package (Gnus), and -- hey -- 7,000,000 utterly
pointless conflicts mixed in with real changes.  What fun _that_ was!]

-Miles
--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]